Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Second Home, Sweet Second Home

We arrived yesterday morning in the Netherlands and we're already settled in! These bungalows in the woods really feel like a second home to me.

...that a bungalow in the woods of the Netherlands feels like a second home is absolutely crazy! After all, this is our fourth time at the same place in three years, so we've definitely begun to know our way around. But still, it's nonetheless absurd.

As I've written before, the best thing about being here is not staying in a hotel room. We've got kitchens, couches, and bedrooms! Here's mine:

Look, mom! I even made my bed this morning!
The other great thing about being here is getting time in the mornings on the couch to blog. That being said...

It's been a whirlwind of a tour since my last post.

We started in Atlanta and worked our way toward New York, giving me a chance to meet up with friends along the way, and even for the band to spend a day off in New York City!

With Tara in Alpharetta, GA -- one of my best friends from high school who just moved to the area!
Outside DC with Bethany and Katie, two bridesmaids from Nora's wedding, and Emma, a great friend from college at her fourth Barrage show!
With Barrage alum, Annette, in NYC's Union Square! (Can you tell it's winter from all of the scarves in the last three pictures?)
Mini cupcakes in NYC.
The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
First stop: musical instrument collection.
An unused string from Paganini's violin case!
Second stop: European paintings, specifically the area with paintings by van Gogh and his contemporaries. I'm a real sucker for Impressionists and post-Impressionists. (Coincidentally, my favorite composers tend to have composed around the same times.)
Why, hello there, Juilliard!
At the NYC Ballet in Lincoln Center. I purchased the cheapest seats thinking they were in the first balcony...only to find out that they were actually in the first row! It was awesome.
With my hilarious friend Matt in Fairfield, CT.
Each time I visit NYC, I like it more and more. The amount of stuff going on there is truly overwhelming -- there's always something to see, do, or experience. What an unbelievable place.

Well, it's been nice to sit on the couch all morning and catch up on stuff, but I am here, after all, for work. Time to go practice!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Well done son on making your bed! I can see why you love it there. Do you ever feel like pinching yourself just to see if it is all for real? You are indeed a lucky boy!