Saturday, October 23, 2010

Ups & Downs

These past handful of days have been very odd.  And filled with some weird ups and downs.

DOWN: I somehow, despite my rabid need to have clean hands as much as possible, have come down with a cold.  Yesterday's 6 hour car drive from Lubbock, TX, to Plano, TX, was accordingly unfortunate for those in my car--I ended up buying a small box of Kleenex to deal with the symptoms.  Here's to hoping this bug magically disappears in the next few hours before tonight's show...

UP: This gas station somewhere in the middle of Texas:


DOWN: Having to eat McDonald's after a show because everything in Graham, TX, closes at 10 p.m.

...DOWN-ER: While fresh fries at McDonald's are normally mouth-wateringly delicious, these were the worst, soggiest, oldest McDonald's fries I've ever choked down.  This McDonald's also didn't put lettuce or tomatoes on Charlie's Big Mac.

UP: Celebrating Kristina's birthday at Crú, in Plano.  (The goat cheese beignets I ordered were declared by my end of the table to be the best plate--they were unbelievably delicious!)

Chocolate fondue.
Opening her birthday card and gifts.

UP: Two shows left, and then home for a break on Monday!

1 comment:

Allyson & Jere said...

You know Lana is from Plano. Anyway....hooray for "HOME" and a little break. Can't wait to see your face!