Saturday, March 27, 2010

A quick snapshot of my break.

I try my hardest to start packing early. I mean, that's everyone's intention before leaving on a trip, right?

Yeah, that didn't work out so much on my end last night. After 45 minutes of sleep, I woke up at 4:00 a.m. for a shower and the final bits of packing (now-fully-charged electronics and toiletries) and headed to the airport for a 6:10 a.m. flight. I had the middle seat in an exit row on the 5 hour flight to JFK. Not the best option for sleeping, but at least the exit row has plenty of leg room!

This past week's "break" was pretty great. I say break in quotes, though, because I'm finding myself more sleep deprived on this end of it than I was when I got home a week ago! Oh well. When you've only got a handful of days home before 4 months of tour, there's quite a bit to get done! Friends, family, food, errands, taxes (which I'm still finishing...whoops), performances (1 recital, 2 musicals, and a Cirque show), educational outreach, and a road trip to Nevada for a half-marathon by the Hoover Dam. And the craziest part? I didn't even get to everything and everyone on my list! Fortunately, the break in July should be longer.

Here are some pictures from my road trip to Nevada to run a half-marathon with my awesome friend Kate.

Ready to roll!

Hoover Dam at night.

The Lake Mead Recreational Area, where we ran our races.

After the races, with Lake Mead in the background.

The beautiful desert sunset as we drove into Las Vegas.

Going to see Cirque du Soleil's "O" at the Bellagio.

At Hoover Dam early the next morning.

Kate, living on the edge, flaunts the rules.

Some neat rock formations along the highway headed back down to Mesa.

I'll post some pictures from visiting Highland High School (where Barrage played in October) when I get my hands on them.

No comments: