Tuesday, June 23, 2009

When tours end and breaks begin.

From April 29th-June 12th we had a "summer break" of sorts. This blog isn't really about my life outside of Barrage, but there are a few notable things I'd like to mention.

I had three goals over the break:
1) Run a 5K race--Everyone in Barrage is pretty into fitness, so I'd picked up running as a physical activity I was beginning to enjoy. I had never run a 5K formally, so thought it would be a good personal goal to run one over the break!
2) Give a solo recital--Over the past year I had learned a bunch of solo music on the road in my spare time to keep improving on violin. What better way to learn than to give a recital for my friends back home?
3) Hang out with friends--This one is pretty much a given over any break.

I'm proud to say that I successfully accomplished all three goals!

Here are a few pictures from the first two:

Putting up drawings from local elementary school children based on the pieces I performed.

A shot of the set-up created by myself and some friends on my high school's stage.



With Rob Nichols, my high school orchestra teacher, who so generously provided the use of the high school auditorium for my recital!

With Molly, one of my best friends from ASU, before the Phoenix Zoo 5K.

And after!

1 comment:

Antdog said...

Did you know Nichol's middle name is Ralph? Fun fact for you.