Saturday, July 23, 2011

Pandamonium!

When we were in Chengdu, we took the morning to visit the Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding, the biggest conservation center for pandas in the world!

On our way in the cab!
Eric (our awesome translator), Kristina, Kiana, me, Daniel and Phil.
I wanted to think the red pandas were looking at me...
...but then I realized the woman standing behind me was getting ready to feed them.
"This area is home to many wild birds."
Mei Lan, the official Panda Ambassador for Earth Hour 2010, and, from what we overheard on a nearby tour, the most photographed panda on the planet.
This is definitely my favorite photo.

1 comment:

Allyson & Jere said...

Those red things were pandas? I'm amazed. I was sure they were giant raccoons. Love that big panda, so cute.