Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Recital!

It's here! The 2nd Annual Summer Recital!

I've learned some really cool solo violin repertoire during my spare time and while home on breaks. And, in the tradition of last year's summer recital, I'll be performing this music before I go back on the road for this next year's tour!


I'll be performing music from multiple genres--classical to fiddling. There's something for everyone!


Music
on the program includes:
J. S. Bach - Solo Violin Partita No. 3 in E Major
Astor Piazzolla - 6 Tango Etudes for Solo Violin
John Corigliano - "The Red Violin" Caprices
Srul Irving Glick - Serenade and Dance for Solo Violin
Mark O'Connor (arr.) - Midnight on the Water/Bonaparte's Retreat

The recital will be held in Katzin Concert Hall at the ASU School of Music, which is located on the NE corner of Mill Ave. & Gammage Pkwy.

Admission is free. Dress is whatever you're wearing that day--no need to get fancy (though if you're truly inclined, go right ahead!).

If you're here in town, I do hope you'll be able to make it!

-----

In other news, I must thank my brother, Scott, for his amazing photography skills! Here are a few other pictures from this recital's photo shoot:


5 comments:

Allyson & Jere said...

Love these pics, especially the last two. You're just too adorable. Can't wait for the recital.

Oh, and sorry I feel asleep the other night. So rude of me.

Josephine said...

I love the pictures. And I really like your tie. Good work.

I so wish I could come! Break a leg!

Unknown said...

That would be great to see if I was there! Have a good one.

Courtney.M.Sutherland said...

I stumbled upon your blog--facebook stalking at its best--and just wanted to say hi and tell you that I'm glad you're living it up and having a great time!

Much ASU love :)

Nichole said...

I wanna go to ASU for college for playing the viola. Do you think I could get in?