Thursday, June 3, 2010

Finally Home and Finally Updating!

So we just got back from our 3.5 week China tour a few nights ago. Not only am I glad to be back in the States, but I'm also just glad to be back home for three weeks (the most significant break we've had since last August!). I anticipate heaping amounts of the following: practicing, running, sleeping, and hanging out with family and friends.

I've also planned for a lot of blogging, especially since I wasn't even caught up with Central America by the time I went to China, where I didn't have access to blogger...which means I need to get started!

-----

After our first two days off in Guatemala, the rest of the tour had significantly less free time as we had performances in Guatemala, El Salavador, Honduras and Costa Rica, which meant a lot of traveling.

Here are some pictures of a few miscellaneous tidbits which should be thrown in prior to posting my wrap-up entry on Central America (which I've already composed).


Public buses in the area are all American school buses that have been repainted in wild colors. See above. Not the best ones I saw, but it didn't occur to me to try and snap some photos until the last few days there...

We sat in this 15 passenger van for hours as we traveled back and forth between San Salvador (El Salvador) and Tegucigalpa (Honduras). Below are some pictures of the beautiful drive.

[This photo was snapped out the car window as we sped down the highway. I was pleasantly surprised to see it turned out so well!]

I was shocked to see my friend Carla, who did her Masters in violin at ASU while I was there, at the show in San José! (Sorry Carla, again, that I was so sweaty! Wearing a vest on a hot, humid stage isn't always the smartest idea...)

1 comment:

Allyson & Jere said...

So glad you're HOME and safe! Can't wait for all the updates. Oh, and to see your cute face in person.