Saturday, December 26, 2009

A Very Curry Christmas

Yesterday's holiday provides a fantastic opportunity to mention another weird phenomenon of life on the road--missing holidays. I've now "missed" two Thanksgivings, 4ths of July, and you can pretty much add this year's Christmas to the list as well.

Early yesterday (Christmas) morning, we all flew to Florida, and arrived in Stuart, where we'll be playing Christmas shows for the last few days of this year/decade. It was surprisingly hectic at the airport, and relatively hitch-free because weather in Arizona and Florida is so mild.

Upon arriving, Jason, Kristina and I drove to Stuart and celebrated what is generally referred to as a "Jewish Christmas": dinner at an Asian restaurant (because they're always open) and a movie.

To make the meal more festive, I ordered a Christmas-colored dish: Red Curry (which has green bell peppers).
Nothing says "Christmas" like solving puzzles and mysteries...thanks, Sherlock!

All in all, it wasn't nearly as odd missing Christmas as I thought it would be... Granted, I did get Christmas Eve with my family, and we just bumped our normal activities up a day (so our Eve was the 23rd), but it's definitely pretty lame not being home. Oh well.

Fortunately, I took a vacation in NYC from Dec. 13th-16th (about which I'll post in the next few days), and it definitely helped to fill my quota of Christmas cheer!

Off to the Lyric Theatre for today's first show back on the road. Happy holidays to you and yours, and have a wonderful last few days of this decade!

1 comment:

Nichole said...

Let me just say this.. you've inspired me sooo much since I saw you in Dubuque and we performed with you. After seeing some pictures on your blog, You got me thinking. I'm thinking to continue my singing, dancing, playing viola, and keep doing track and relays. You've inspired me sooo much!!